If you are a parent or legal guardian of a child under thirteen (13) years old that uses or will use our Services, please review our Notice to Parents Children’s Information below.
To make sure you stay informed of all changes, you should check these policies periodically. Updates will be referenced by the “Last Updated” date shown above.
We may collect the following types of personal data about you which are described in more detail below: (A) information you provide to us, (B) information we may automatically collect, and (C) information we receive from third parties. All of the information listed in (A)-(C) above is detailed below, and hereinafter referred to as “Information.”
In using our Services, you may provide us with Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address, and telephone number(s);
- Account information and log in credentials, including unique identifiers such as username and password;
- Information about your health, gender, or age, including information you may provide in an online journal or period tracker;
- Employment information such as the school where you work;
- Payment and transaction information including credit or bank card information;
- Preferences for communications, shopping, and products;
- Communications and opinions in online forms and product reviews;
- Access to your geo-location or to other data held on social media platforms and other software (for example, access to your contacts, calendar or photos);
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Our Services may automatically collect certain Information about you. We use this Information to help us design our Services to better suit our users’ needs. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Services;
- Domain server from which you are using our Services;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Services; and
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information;
- Geographic data such as country or region;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”); and
- Mobile application identification and behavior, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
We collect the above Information directly and through the use of third parties. We collect this Information by using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Third-party service providers, advertisers, and/or partners may also view, edit, or set their own cookies or place web beacons.
- Flash Cookies. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features or to display advertising based upon your browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies.
- Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Services. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf. Our Services may use retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook, and other ad networks. We may also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
- Mobile Application Technologies.
- If you access our website and Services through a mobile device, we may automatically collect Information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location.
- If you use our mobile application, we may collect the unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device by phone makers, carriers, or makers of your mobile device’s operation system (the “Device ID”). Device IDs allow app developers, advertisers, and others to uniquely identify your device for purposes of storing application preferences and other data. We may use your Device ID to contact you directly through push notifications. Additionally, we may use Device IDs to monitor suspicious activity. For example, if we detect that a single account on our App is being accessed from multiple devices, as determined by tracking the Device IDs that access an account, we may contact the user to ensure that such access has been authorized by the user.
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tik-Tok (“Social Media Platforms”), and/or sources providing publicly available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- To provide you with the Services, and related products, curricula, workshops, promotions, blogs, and information you request
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email;
- To provide you with rewards;
- For general or targeted marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To fulfill your order, including by processing your payment information;
- To collect monetary contributions you provide to us and manage relationships with contributors and donors;
- To manage, improve, and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- To maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- To comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- For analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- To comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your consent.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers, or data processors that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, store or manage the data, perform analyses, process payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers will process this data only for purposes specified by Bloom. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your identifiable Information to identify you individually.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required to by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory, or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the website Service users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Services.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold, or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyances”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Aggregate and Deidentified Data. We may share general and aggregated Information or publish information based on aggregated data. However, we will only do so in a way that your personal identity is protected.
Our Services may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including links to Social Media Platforms, or may redirect you off our website away from our Services to other third-party websites that provide resources, books, podcasts, or apps, or assist in transactions or purchases (“Third-Party Websites”). We may do this for the convenience of you and other users of the Services, but we do not have control over the operation of these Social Media Platforms or Third-party Websites, which have separate and independent privacy notices. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
We use commercially reasonable measures to provide our Services. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. Therefore, although we believe the measures implemented by us reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved, we do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security features. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
We will retain your Information for as long as needed to provide you Services. If you wish to request that we no longer use your Information to provide you Services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
You agree that we, our affiliates, and/or third-party service providers with whom we collaborate and contract may communicate with you regarding our Services via electronic messages, including email or mobile push notification to, for example, send you information relating to our Services or products therein that we think may be of interest to you. We may also send you other news about products and services provided by or through us through permissible targeted advertisements offered by us, our affiliates, and other business partners. See Your Choices, below, for how you can update the way we contact you.
VII. YOUR CHOICES
- By using our Services, you agree that we may contact you by email as set forth herein. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or Contact Us.
- Mobile Push Notifications. By using our mobile applications, you agree that we may contact you by sending push notifications to your phone. You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from us or Contact Us.
- Location Choices. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
- Opting Out of Direct Marketing. To exercise choices regarding the marketing information you receive, you may also review the following links:
- You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at aboutads.info/appchoices.
- You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1 or visiting About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on our Services made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out add-on for your web browser by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser.
To the extent state laws provide users with certain data subject rights, those rights may be honored by the Company following proper authentication and verification. Please Contact Us for more information.
IX. GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION OF DATA STORAGE AND PROCESSING
Our Services are operated in the United States. However, we may collect, process, and store that Information in databases located outside of the United States. As such, we may store and process Information on servers located outside of the country where you originally deposited the data. If you are visiting the Services from a country outside the United States, you should be aware that you may transfer personally identifiable information about yourself to the United States, and that the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country. By visiting our Services and submitting Information you consent to the transfer of such Information to the United States.
X. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
While our Services are not specifically directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) (“Children”) we understand that some of our users may include Children. We provide information about our collection, use, and disclosure of Children’s Information in our Notice to Parents, which supplements this Policy as to Children’s Information only. Additionally, if you are a parent or legal guardian to a Child that uses or wishes to use our Services, you may exercise certain rights as more fully described in the Notice to Parents.
XII. CONTACT US
Last Updated: 7/28/22