As hormones begin and continue to be released, many young people learn more about who they are and wish to become. This includes discovering how you choose to express yourself and who you are. Most people continue this discovery throughout their whole lives. By doing this, you can make sure you live the life that feels best for you and aligns with your personal values.
Tips for discovering who you are
- Explore the BLOOM Teen Hub! The purpose of our Hub is to provide valid and reliable information that helps you learn about yourself, how to take care of your mind and body, and uncover how to celebrate what makes you unique!
- Use BLOOM’s self discovery Journal. Writing down your thoughts, dreams, and feelings is a healthy and beneficial practice for overall wellness.
- Demonstrate respect to everyone, including peers who may be different from you.
- Report inappropriate behaviors, including bullying or harassing that you experience or witness to a trusted person. Many schools and workplaces have a variety of trusted people to talk with, as well as rules and consequences about inappropriate behaviors.
- Talk with a trusted person if you feel awkward about who you are. Some awkwardness is natural and normal. Yet feeling upset or depressed about who you are requires support. So, take care of yourself, be brave, and seek help. You are not alone!