Be an inspiring role model to your young person by showing them what it means to have mental strength and how to cultivate it using the following strategies:
- Develop and cultivate self-awareness.
- Make time for quiet reflection.
- Step outside your comfort zone.
- Practice gratitude.
- Encourage them to be kind to themselves.
- Take good care of their body (sleep, hygiene, nutrition, exercise, consistently taking all medications as prescribed, seeing medical providers when needed).
- Encourage them to take steps towards their dreams.
- Spend plenty of time with family and friends.
- Create a life aligned with your shared family values.
To read BLOOM’s article on teaching your young person 10 Ways to Build Mental Strength, click here.